Did you know, you can’t have stress or anxiety at the same time as laughing?
Actually, stress and anxiety are not the same thing. Anxiety is more a physical fight, flight or freeze response. When we feel threatened, our body prepares us for action. Within milliseconds of sensing danger, our emotional brain causes a release of hormones, including adrenalin. Our hearing reduces, we breathe more deeply, our heart beats faster, our muscles are changed and our vision narrows.
Without knowing it we are unconsciously getting ready to take one of three options: fight – to stay and tackle the danger; flight - run away from it and towards safety; or freeze – stay fixed to a spot, like a rabbit in headlights.
Stress is more around our response to certain situations, whether environmental, physical, emotional, or mental. Signs of stress show in altered sleep, fatigue, a change in appetite or digestion, being less tolerant or getting agitated more quickly, being teary, shallowness of breath, headaches, skin breakout, rapid heartbeat, sweating, feelings of depression or being unwell i.e. Adrenal Fatigue.
What might qualify as a stressful situation? Time pressure often causes stress; for example, rushing for a flight or meeting on the other side of town and getting caught in traffic. Or financial burdens, where the cost of living is greater than our income. The result is that our brain and body are on red alert for much longer than is healthy. Our breathing will change and we’ll be less able to think clearly.
The long term recommendations to relieve stress - as most of us will be aware - are to take care of ourselves, following a nutritional diet and taking regular exercise.
However, very few people are aware that there are a few simple ways to help us shift this sense of stress for relief in a matter of minutes, and they can be done on the spot.
My Stress Relief Strategies Workshop covers the following:
- A more detailed exploration of stress and its symptoms
- Demonstration of immediate stress relief strategies
At the end of the session, delegates will:
- Be reassured that stress is normal and that they do have the internal resources to handle it
- Be able to recognise signs of stress before it fully engulfs them
- Be equipped with some immediate strategies to reduce their stress levels on the spot
However, every session is different and can be tailored to the requirements of your organisation or the needs of the attendees.
Before booking the workshop, we will talk in detail about your objectives and
time / budget constraints.
Following the Stress Relief Strategies demonstration, you may also be interested in sessions on:
- How our ‘Filters’ (or ‘Internal Representations’) influence our lives
- Creating our own ‘Well-formed Outcome’
- Understanding our Meta-programmes
- Holistic Development Model; learn more about your ‘Values and Worth’
- The six Psychological Human Needs
- Master the seven skills for successful relationships
Once purchased, you will receive a link to download a PDF file. Julia will be in touch over the next 1-3 business days to begin arranging a time for your coaching session.